Happy International Women's Day!
International Women's Day is a global day that celebrates the achievements of women and girls and serves as a call to action for the continued struggle for gender equity.
One way to advance health equity for women and girls is to give them the knowledge they need to make decisions about their sexual and reproductive health through comprehensive sexual education programs in their schools.
To this end, the Comprehensive Human Sexuality Education Program is announcing a 1-year (July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022) funding opportunity for all Colorado public schools, school districts, board of cooperative services, charter schools, or institute charter schools. Applicants may request up to $25,000.
This funding may be used to build readiness and capacity for comprehensive human sexuality education in alignment with House Bill 19-1032 including, but not limited to, the following activities: community engagement, stakeholder buy-in, professional development and training for staff, selecting curricula, school/district level policy development, readiness assessments, purchasing materials or technology, and piloting instruction.
For more information regarding this funding and how to apply, please see below:
- Funding: The total anticipated funding available is approximately $180,000 and is contingent upon fully restored funding for the program for state Fiscal Year 2021-22. The CHSE program anticipates funding approximately 7-10 schools/districts with a maximum award of $25,000.
- Eligibility: Colorado public schools, school districts, board of cooperative services, charter schools, or institute charter schools
- Priority: Priority for funding will be given to
- Rural schools or districts as defined by the Colorado Department of Education.
- Schools or districts not currently implementing any comprehensive human sexuality education.
- Access Application: https://form.jotform.com/210406779325053
- Due Date: Applications must be submitted by Friday, April 2nd 2021 at 5:00 pm
Please pass along to your partners and feel free to reach out to Danielle Tuft at email@example.com
with any questions.