Local teams must start reviewing 2014 cases now! If you don't have access to the Death Certificate FTP Website, contact us by clicking the big green button to your right.
Also, please contact us if you have any questions about the case assignment process, data entry, how to answer a question on the National Center data collection website, or other general questions about the review process.
Helpful Documents for Case Review and Data Entry
National Center For Fatality Review and Prevention Resources:
- Case Reporting System User Manual (version 5)
- Printable Case Report Form (version 5)
- Data Dictionary (version 5)
- What's New in Version 5 - passcode: NCFRP
- Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect in Version 5 - passcode: NCFRP
- Quicklooks - data visualization tools
Data Entry Help:
- Death Certificate Cheat Sheet (version 5)
- Birth Certificate Cheat Sheet (version 5)
- Requesting Records
- Documenting Cause of Death in Section G
- Coding Sections I5 and J
- Case Summary Template
- Writing the Narrative
- Acronyms (for the narrative)
Sudden Unexpected Infant Death:
- What is a Sudden Unexpected Infant Death? (also has SUID clean case definition and AAP recommendations for prevention)
- SUID Clean Case Definition (version 5): for any sudden unexpected infant death case you get, you must fill out these questions on the National Center Data Collection Website.
- SUID Categorization Guide (for question N10)
- SUID Categorization Checklist
- SUID Training 1
- SUID Categorization
- SUID Investigations
- SUID Training 2
CFPS Blog Posts Related to Data
- Keeping Confidential Information Secure - Read this post to learn more about how to keep confidential documents secure and about email encryption software.
Child Fatality Data Website Links
1. Open in Google Chrome, and go to the death certificate FTP website.
Contact us if you get locked out of either of these websites!