|The Tony Grampsas Youth Services Program (TGYS) is excited to announce that Governor Hickenlooper recently signed HB15-1365, adding two youth members, ages 15-25, as representatives on the TGYS Board. Governor Hickenlooper makes the appointments for these positions with input from the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). This important addition will bring youth to the table as partners in an advisory capacity to the TGYS Program and CDHS.|
The TGYS Board is soliciting applications from youth, ages 15-25, for the two Governor-appointed positions. Click for a printable flyer and share through social media channels.
The TGYS Board is authorized by C.R.S. 26-6.8-103. Per this statute, the Board should be comprised of members appointed by specific authorities, with specific background or expertise, as well as a maximum number of individuals that can be represented from any one political party. HB15-1365 amends this maximum number from six to seven individuals from any one political party. As of July 1, 2015, pending current appointments that are yet to be made, the TGYS Board will be comprised of four members of the Democratic Party, one member of the Republican party, and three unaffiliated members. Therefore, applicants to the board may be affiliated with any political party, or unaffiliated.
The TGYS Board is a Type II body that serves in an advisory capacity to CDHS on TGYS-related decisions. TGYS Board Members may be reappointed for a total of two, three-year terms. While three years may be a difficult commitment for young people in this age range, TGYS asks that applicants consider this and provide a commitment of at least two years.
TGYS Board meetings are held quarterly in Denver, CO and members may attend via teleconference if required. Youth board members may receive a per diem not to exceed $30 per day, in addition to approved mileage and travel expenses incurred.
The TGYS Board has the responsibility to:
- Develop and make available program guidelines including guidelines for proposal design, local public-to-private funding match requirements, and processes for local review and prioritization of program applications;
- Develop criteria for awarding grants;
- Develop result-oriented criteria for measuring the effectiveness of programs that receive grants under the TGYS program;
- Establish timelines for submission and review of applications for grants through the TGYS program;
- Adopt timelines for submission to the Governor the list of entities chosen to receive the grants;
CDHS values broad, diverse representation on its boards to ensure adequate representation of stakeholders and the public. Please help us spread the word! If you or someone you know is interested in serving the community in this capacity, please submit, or encourage them to submit, an application.
- Review applications received for grants and choose those entities that shall receive grants through the TGYS Program and the amount of each grant; and,
- Recommend grant choices to the Governor for final approval.
To apply for a position on the Tony Grampsas Youth Services Board:
Please submit your application by Friday, July 31, 2015 to be considered for the TGYS youth board member positions. Throughout August, TGYS may request additional information and conduct interviews with eligible candidates. TGYS also encourages all applicants to attend the next regularly scheduled TGYS Board meeting on Friday, August 21 from 12:30pm to 3:30pm at the Colorado Department of Human Services (1575 Sherman Street, Denver, CO 80203) to learn more about the board and the board’s processes.
- Submit the Governor’s Office of Boards and Commissions Application byJuly 31, 2015. The application can be found on the Office Website at this link: https://www.tfaforms.com/290254.
- On the application, indicate your interest in serving on the Tony Grampsas Youth Services Board.
- The application, along with a current resume, must be submitted via the Governor’s Office of Boards and Commissions online application system, as indicated on the website.
- TGYS may contact eligible applicants with follow-up questions or interviews in August.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in recruiting qualified and passionate TGYS board members to serve the people of Colorado.
Kavitha Kailasam, MA
Tony Grampsas Youth Services, Program Administrator