Space is still available for the upcoming livestream of the 2020Mom Annual Forum!
Registration for the in-person event ends on
January 31, 2019
There is no cost to attend the forum but please let us know if you need to cancel in order to help us plan for lunch!
Supporting Mothers in the Workplace - Stories from Colorado Employers (1:30-2:30 pm)
Special Colorado Panel
Employers, including human resources personnel, benefits administrators, and managers, have a unique opportunity to support the health and well-being of employees, particularly pregnant and new mothers who experience maternal mental health issues such as postpartum depression. “A lot of women want to work, but they need the infrastructure that will allow them to take care of themselves, their family and do the work they need to do,” says Dr. Kimberly Yonkers, a professor of psychiatry at the Yale School of Public Health (Postpartum Depression and Anxiety - Tools and Strategies to Combat Peripartum and Postpartum Depression and Anxiety in Working Mothers). Four Colorado panelists representing the public and private sectors will share about their efforts and initiatives to support employees who are pregnant or new mothers within the context of their workplace policies and practices that are family-friendly.
- Joi Simpson, Director of Human Resources, Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Janeen Haller-Abernethy, Program Manager, Colorado State Employees Assistance Program
- Kristin Holthus, Chief Financial Officer, Anton Collins Mitchell LLP
- Jessica Weatherly, Associate Engagement Specialist, Oakwood Homes
- Susanna Snyder (moderator) - Policy Specialist with the Health Programs Office at the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing.
IMPORTANT NOTE to individuals wishing to obtain CEs:
- By February 1, please use PayPal or a credit card for your CEs payment. Late payments will not be accepted.
- You must check in with the Colorado event coordinator at the beginning and end of the event on February 8 to sign in and out.
- CE fees are $35 and are non-refundable per 2020Mom.
- Following the event, you will receive an email with a survey via 2020Mom that must be completed in order for you to access your completion certificate. It is your responsibility to print the certificate which cannot be saved. Duplicate certificates or certificates not accessed via the survey are available for an additional $25 fee.
- For questions about CE such as eligibility, please contact Gerald Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit 2020Mom (https://www.2020mom.org/2019-