The School-Based Heath Center (SBHC) Program at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is releasing a four-year Planning-to-Operations Request for Applications (RFA) to establish new school-based health centers in Colorado.
The funding goal of this RFA is to expand the SBHC network in Colorado by investing with schools and medical sponsors who will evaluate available resources, assess need and feasibility of a SBHC in a community and plan to develop a new SBHC. Then, once the SBHC is operational, they will provide accessible, high quality care, in the most patient-centered, efficient and sustainable way possible, and utilized by the greatest number of high-need children/youth possible to improve health outcomes.
Below a timeline for this RFA:
- RFA release date Dec. 19, 2016
- Question and answer period Dec. 19, 2016 to Feb. 6, 2017
- Posting of RFA webinar recording (application overview) Jan. 4, 2017
- RFA due date (electronic submissions only) Feb. 8, 2017 (by 4:00 p.m.)
- Funding start date July 1, 2017
Find more information and apply here: www.colorado.gov/cdphe/sbhc-planning-to-operations