Reducing Injury-Related Hospital Admissions among Children and Adolescents Ages 0-19: The Role of the New Title V MCH Block Grant National Performance Measure on Injury
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Time: 1:00pm-2:30pm MST
CLICK HERE to register.
About the Webinar:
This Children's Safety Network (CSN) webinar will provide information about the proposed new Title V Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Block Grant National Performance Measure (NPM) #7 on reducing injury-related hospital admissions among children and adolescents ages 0 through 19, a key measure in improving the health and safety of children and adolescents across the U.S. The webinar will explain the burden of injury-related hospitalizations; introduce the new Title V Performance Measure framework with a focus on NPM-7 and associated National Outcome Measures; provide an overview of specific resources designed to support states that select NPM-7; share CSN resources for understanding the burden of injury-related hospitalizations in your state; and explain how to identify effective strategies for keeping infants, children, and adolescents safe.
- Through participation in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the burden of injury-related hospitalizations in the U.S.
- Describe the new Title V National Performance Measure (NPM) framework with a focus on NPM-7 (injury-related hospital admission) and associated National Outcome Measures
- Understand specific resources to support states that select NPM-7
- Access CSN's state-specific injury fact sheets to learn about your state's burden of injury-related hospitalizations
- Identify effective strategies for keeping infants, children, and adolescents safe.
This meeting will be recorded. The recording and slides will be posted on our website:
http://www.childrenssafetynetwork.org/webinars. It may take up to two weeks for the recording to be posted.