This matching grant program exists to help secondary schools (grades 7-12):
1) Increase the presence of school health professionals (Licensed School Nurses, School Social Workers, School Counselors and School Psychologists) in secondary schools to provide substance abuse and behavioral health care to students who are enrolled in secondary schools and have substance abuse or other behavioral health needs;
2) Provide training and resources for the newly hired school health professionals, other behavioral health school team members, and school staff on the implementation of evidence-based programming (defined as programming that evaluation research has proven to be effective) on substance abuse prevention education and behavioral health education for all students who are enrolled in secondary schools; and
3) Allow school health professionals to provide care coordination and connect students who are enrolled in secondary schools with services that are provided by community-based organizations for treatment and counseling for students who are at risk for substance abuse.
Approximately $9.4 million is available for the 2017-2018 school year. Grants will be awarded for a three-year term beginning in the 2017-2018 fiscal year. Additional grant funding for subsequent years will be contingent upon annual appropriations by the State Legislature and grantees fulfilling all program and fiscal reporting requirements. Funded applicants for the 2017-2018 school year are not guaranteed any additional funding beyond the 2017-2018 year at this time. Applicants must demonstrate a match of 10% of the funds requested. This may include both in-kind and cash matches.
- Tuesday, April 4: Application Training Webinar, 10-11 am: Registration is required at https://shpg2017webinar.eventbrite.com.
- Friday, April 7: Letter of Intent due by 11:59 pm. Submit online via SurveyMonkey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/shpg2017_loi.
- Monday, May 1: Applications including budgets are due to CDE via email at CompetitiveGrants@cde.state.co.us.
For more information, including eligibility, and to apply, visit:
Post a Comment