The CTC Team in CO is hiring a Prevention Science Specialist that will be housed in the evaluation contractor's unit at CU Boulder in the Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence. This team both evaluates the statewide implementation of CTC in CO and helps support local communities to create and implement their local evaluation plans for the selected strategies in their Community Action Plans.
More information below
The Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence (CSPV) seeks a Prevention Science Specialist, who will provide technical assistance and evaluation support to state and community partners involved with the Communities That Care (CTC) Colorado initiative. CTC is a prevention science model that supports local community coalitions to make data-driven decisions that reduce risk, promote protection, and address problems related to youth violence, substance use, and mental health. CTC in Colorado is supported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) in 47 communities across the state. CDPHE contracted CSPV to lead the statewide evaluation efforts of CTC Colorado and provide technical assistance to communities on evidence-based practices for implementation and evaluation. This position is classified as a Professional Research Assistant who will report to the Project Manager.
Who We Are:
Located at the Institute of Behavioral Sciences at CU Boulder, CSPV seeks to bridge the divide between research, practice, and policy to reduce problem behaviors and promote positive youth development.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be:
- Translate scientific information in practical, applicable terms for a variety of audiences at the community, school, family, and individual levels in urban and rural contexts;
- Build local capacity to collect, interpret, and understand data to support decision making;
- Enhance understanding of scientific best practices to effectively address core issues;
- Build community capacity to monitor and evaluate local-level interventions;
- Learn from communities to inform research and scientific findings.
Post a Comment