We know you are doing all you can to keep the families you serve safe, healthy, and connected to vital resources during the COVID crisis. Here are a few resources that you may find helpful:
- Now that we are being encouraged by the CDC to wear cloth face coverings to offer protection against COVID-19, it is important to make sure that parents and caregivers know that children under age 2 SHOULD NOT wear a face mask due to the risk of suffocation.
- Essential baby supplies of formula, diapers, and wipes are being delivered to Colorado by FEMA. Families in need of these supplies can find their nearest distribution center on the Colorado Office of Early Childhood website.
- The Colorado chapter of Circle of Parents is hosting online and phone meetings twice a week for parents to connect with one another and share resources and support. In addition to the state-wide meetings, smaller Circle of Parents groups across the state are offering digital meetings during this time of social distancing.
- For immigrant families, the Colorado Center on Law and Policy has a COVID-specific list of resources, both in English and Spanish. Importantly, people are not asked about immigration status at testing sites.
- The amazing team at Raise Colorado has compiled an extensive resource list for Colorado families with everything from food and housing to technology resources in a collaborative Google document.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued safety checklists to keep our kids safe from hidden home hazards.