HCPs will be asked to complete a web-based training that is designed to:
- Improve ability to build rapport and convey empathy while delivering patient-centered care
- Identify national guidelines pertaining to perinatal mood disorders (i.e. how to identify and screen for perinatal mood disorders)
- Develop knowledge and skills to increase intent to talk about perinatal mood disorders with patients
- Improve familiarity with challenges and concerns of pregnant women and adherence to recommended treatment
- Increase level of confidence and comfort in discussing topics related to perinatal mood disorders
- Improve ability to locate local and national resources to promote management of perinatal mood disorders.
The study is being conducted by the Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver in partnership with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Healthcare providers currently providing care to women in the Denver Metro and surrounding areas are eligible to participate.
Participants will be asked to complete a survey at two different time points. The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. After completing the first survey, participants may be asked to view one brief (30-45 min) web-based training module. There is a 50% change of being asked to view the training module. The module can be downloaded and viewed at each participant’s convenience. We ask that the module be viewed within 1-2 weeks of enrolling in the study. Participants will be asked to complete the same survey again approximately 6-8 weeks after the first survey.
Providers will be compensated a $15 gift card for each survey completed. If selected to view the web-based module, participants will receive CME credit upon completion of the modules (pre- and post-test required). All participants will have the opportunity to view the materials free of charge at the conclusion of the study.
Please click this link to enroll in the study and take the survey
Please contact the Study Coordinator, Charlotte Farewell at email@example.com or 609-937-4241.